Applying for Affordable Housing
Affordable Housing programs have different eligibility criteria. The majority of our Affordable Housing dwellings have incentives applied to them under the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS). This scheme is administered by the Federal Government and aims to increase the supply of Affordable Housing properties available to low or moderate income households. The Housing applicants need to meet certain income eligibility limits.
The Housing Trust maintains an independent waiting list for our Affordable Housing portfolio.
Steps to applying for Affordable Housing:
1. Review Affordable Housing Policy for eligibilityDownload Policy
2. Complete Affordable Housing Application form
3. Provide supporting evidence/information including:
- details of your income & assets,
- and any specific information about your housing needs (this may include medical information for example)
If you require further assistance or have any questions our staff can help you navigate through the process and also complete an application with advice over the phone or by appointment at our office.
[ht_link type='phone' link='tel:02 4254 1166']Call us today 02 4254 1166
5. Completion of Application
Once your application is complete and has the required documentation/ evidence attached, please send via electronic or hard copy:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Mail: Housing Trust Office 120 Smith Street, Wollongong
Approval of Application
We will assess your application to see if you meet the affordable housing eligibility criteria. Once eligible, a letter will be sent to you stating approval for affordable housing and your name will be placed on our waiting list for a property to become available.
How properties are allocated:
For affordable housing – new tenants are selected from our Housing Trust Affordable Housing Register. Tenants are matched according to our Allocations Policy.Download Policy
For more information please contact the Housing Trust via
- Phone: 4254 1166
- Email: email@example.com