All Aboard the KidsFest Express
The Housing Trust is proud to be a sponsor for Kidsfest 2017, a week long children’s festival aimed at celebrating all that is great in the Shellharbour region.
On Sunday 14th May, celebrate Mothers’ Day and bring the family together at the Illawarra Light Rail Museum for a fun day of activities.
Some of the fun activities on the day include (10am-3.00pm):
- Community engagement activities with LendLease including giant Lego, story time, the interactive Calderwood Community Tree and create art using recycled materials with Honora.
- Shellharbour City Council will host lots of free fun and activities including crafts grandparents love sharing.
- Felted Monster Puppets 10:30-1pm – Children will make their own felted hand puppet using colourful wool fibres and soapy water.
- Lantern making – help make a lantern for our 10 year celebration finale parade
- UOW Travelling STEM Roadshow: Promotion of Science – Technology – Engineering – Maths (STEM) Education via 3D printing, drones, bottle rockets, balsa planes and driving an open-wheeler racer driving simulator.
- Symbio Wildlife Park Zoo2You – Meet animals and reptiles and see how the Illawarra Credit Union’s Wildlife Saver program helps protect our natural environment and endangered animals.
For more information Kidfest events for 2017 – click here kidsfest shellharbour signature events
If you are a Housing Trust tenant and have children in your care aged between 0-12, you can claim your tickets for FREE entry to the event, the museum and a one-hour pass to ride the beautiful steam trains.
Tickets are limited and bookings are essential.
Thank you to all that have registered, all tickets have been allocated.
If you have won tickets, please get your names marked off at the gate upon entry.