We provide a range of options to make it easy for you to pay your rent, including:

  • Centrepay: Centrepay is available to people on a government pension or benefit
  • Direct Debit from your bank account
  • internet funds transfer
  • at Australia Post branches using your rent card
  • internet, landline or mobile phone BPAY

If you are paying rent over the internet, don’t forget to use your specific agent number.

Paying Rent at The Housing Trust

Except for when you first sign your lease, cash payments are not accepted at the The Housing Trust office.  Cheque payments or money orders delivered to our mailbox or through the post will be accepted.

Rent Statements

You will receive a statement of your account every three months showing all of the payments you have made.

Rental Arrears

It’s important you always pay your rent on time, and not to miss payments or fall behind. Falling behind in rent is called arrears. Repayment programs will be arranged for those who go into arrears. If you are unable to make your rent payments, contact usand we will put a repayment program together as soon as possible.  If you are in arrears, we will write to you regularly letting you know what action we will take.  Sometimes, we will refer arrears issues to the Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal. If you want independent information about being in arrears, contact tenancy services or the Department of Fair Trading.