Complaints and Appeals

At the Housing Trust we aim to provide a high-quality customer service which is up there with the best in Australia. And to help us to do this we love to get feedback.

We have created a specific feedback form which can be found on our enquiry page.  You can use this form for multiple purposes including:

  • If you would like to make a suggestion for customer service improvement.
  • If you would like to make a compliment because you have received a great service from the Housing Trust team OR
  • If you would like to make a formal complaint. In this case, please read the information provided below.

We welcome complaints from tenants because it helps us identify improvements to our service to you and other tenants.

A complaint may be lodged verbally to a staff member, by email, by letter, by telephone, in person at the Housing Trust office or by completing the Housing Trust’s Complaint Form. The Complaint Form is also available by contacting our office.

The NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) may also be a way for you to seek to resolve any disputes. This is the place where landlords and tenants settle disputes on issues such as bond issues and non-performance of repairs.

Please refer to the Housing Trust Complaints Policy for more information.

We value your feedback on how we have handled complaints and communicated the outcomes to you.


An appeal can be made if you feel we have not followed our own policies. For example, you can appeal our decisions about eligibility for community housing, transfers, offers of housing or rental rebates. If you are not sure whether you can appeal a particular decision, just contact us and we can provide you with that information.

Want to know how to make an appeal?

  • We are happy to review our decision internally. This is called a ‘First Tier Appeal – Decision Review’. You can contact us and we will help you document the reasons why you would like to make an appeal. This will then be considered by one of our Senior Managers and we will respond to you within 28 days.
  • If you are dissatisfied with our internal review, we can help you with information on how to appeal to the Housing Appeals Committee. This is an independent second level appeal process.  The Housing Appeals Committee can be also be contacted directly on freecall 1800 629 794.
  • Further information on appeals generally and the Housing Appeals Committee is available at

Please refer to the Housing Trust Appeals Policy for more information and click here for the appeals form